Thursday, February 26, 2009

More mentor voices...

“I've been a part of Zoo-Mates for 3 years now and personally it has been a great experience. I've done plenty of community service work around Cincinnati but Zoo-Mates is one that has definitely made a profound impression on me. Working with the kids not only helps out our community but it makes us, the mentors, feel a high sense of pride and accomplishment. I look forward to working with Zoo-Mates for as long as I'm in college and for the program to expand.”
-- Christina Kanaris, junior English literature major


"This is my first year being part of the Zoo-Mates program and I’ve enjoyed every minute of it. The best thing about Zoo-Mate is the bond that I have developed with my mentee, he has become like a little brother to me. Being a mentor has help me learn more about myself while making a difference in a child’s life. Spending time with all the children exploring the zoo makes me feel like a little kid again. Zoo-Mates has definitely enhance my experience at the University of Cincinnati."
-- Paul Tran, freshman, College of Allied Health Sciences

No comments: