Monday, April 6, 2009

Diana's Mentoring Experience

I learned about ZooMates from a friend who lived in the CCE house last year and at the Cincinnatus orientation. He gave positive feedback about the program, and the video at the orientation was interesting. This is my first year in the program. It has definitely been a learning experience. Unfortunately, my first mentee was loss from the program after the first two meetings. The most rewarding part of getting to know her was that I've made some impact on her life in such a short period of time. Fortunately, I was given a new mentee. I'm blessed to be able to further my relationship with her and make a positive impact on her life. This year, "family groups" were incorporated into the program where each mentor/mentee pair has 4 other pairs who they typically stay with; so not only do we get to know our mentee, we're able to impact the other mentees in our group too. I've been having a great time and hope that I can continue ZooMates throughout my college career!
-- Diana Nguyen, freshman, pre-Nursing

No comments: